Sourav Ganguly was snubbed out of the IPL auctions, deemed to old for age and too big for reputation to fit in any team. That was a sad SAD SAD!!! end to some one who has proved himself in the game so much. It completely disheartened me and put me off the auctions, though I followed it on the last weekend.
Having said that, the IPL obviously has a charisma of its own. Despite sad stories about Lalit Modi infested scandal and god knows how many other controversies, the money spinning league has managed to glue viewers to the screens. I like it for the cricket and the ecstasy. And I deem both words similar. Cricket is nothing without the excitement and ecstasy, in any form. Some find it in the BIG sixes hit by the players while others found them in the SIX ‘objects of visual pleasantry’ (un)clad in mini skirts dancing to the tune of whatever. I never paid attention to the music. Continue reading
For all the Pakistani players who are cribbing for missing out on the IPL band wagon, here is my advice and words of wisdom.
- Lot of good quality players from other countries were also not selected. Example, Doug Bollinger, Brad Haddin, Ramnaresh Sarwan, Upul Tharanga etc. They didn’t crib. Whats wrong with you guys?
- Players say they are the world champions and snubbing them this way is an insult for them. I say big deal! I think Australia has rubbed a bigger insult on you by beating you again for a third straight white wash victory in just concluded test series. 12 test matches lost in a row. Congratulations!
- Players say that Indian Junta will miss you in the IPL. I say, ummm… well… may be. But it is not ONLY you who’ll be missed.
- Players say this is all being politically motivated. I say why not? Every thing in Pakistan is idiotically motivated. Your own people fight amongst each other and kill each other for a reason even the god wouldn’t know. By not selecting you, we are protecting you from similar idiotic factions in India. They might hurt you, you know.
- I dont understand why the players are literally dying to play in IPL. You were a part of the first edition and it was really fun watching you guys here. But things have changed, thanks to your political leadership and terrorist activities. Kindly understand and accept it.
I feel sad about these guys. But what to do? They are pointing fingers at my countrymen. I had to react 🙂