Disclaimer: Alright this is going to be a crap post.
While passing by the cafeteria, I over heard the “Jiska number Mumbaika…” advertisement. I have been stopping myself from commenting on it. But couldn’t stop myself from remembering such really pathetic yet popular punch lines delivered probably by the who’s who of the Indian Ad industry. Here are they-
- “Palmolive ka jawab nahi” The eternally pitiable jingle.
- Reynolds “Likhte Likhte Love ho jaye” (Was it Raveena Tandon? Grrr!)
- Eat cricket sleep cricket drink only Coca Cola (Sorry boss…)
- Mind and body, heart and soul… Gosh, not only the jingle, the entire ad was pathetic. Since when Shankar, Ehsaan and Loy started modeling?
- Hero Honda – Dhak Dhak go! (Yes… go get lost)
- PSPO- Good ad but bad message (Now people know PSPO but not the company Orient)
- Yeh hai youngistaan meri jaan! (Bruwahahahaha!)
Alright I lost patience. Please feel free to add any such crap jingles or the ads to this list.
I have been watching the new Idea cellular campaign with Abhishek Bachchan in lead for quite a few days now. I must say that they are really good. Idea’s focus on masses and taking up the issue of educating children has been very well received. Believe me, some times I look forward to the ad break so that I could see what new ad is making its way to our television sets. The advertisers have very intelligently portrayed the outreach of Idea network in the rural areas while highlighting the best possible social use of the speaker phone in a mobile. Not only they are reaching out to customers in the rural areas, they are effectively highlighting the problem of education in the rural areas. And boy, they do have an innovative solution.
Even in the past they ran an ad campaign opposing racism and caste differences that was well taken too. Hats off to the creative guys who have designed these ads. Hats off to Idea too for taking up social issues and boldly bringing them ahead. Whether its getting them new customers or not is a different issue (at least I have not yet migrated), it is surely winning them praises all over.
PS: I’m not advertising Idea Cellular or its services. If I have unknowingly done it, Idea guys, you owe me some fee 🙂