The inflation rate in India was 13.91 percent in May of 2010. It hurts to see the price rise out of no where. It really hurts! When the whole world is reeling under recession since the last 2 years, the prices of essentials and commodities in India are sky rocketing. What has the government done? WTF Man!
I remember the time when I was a bachelor in 2007. I used to stay with 4 other room mates in Kandivali. And every month we used to go to Big Bazaar to buy grocery. I can recollect some of the prices even now. It really pinches me to see how they rose for nothing. It hurts… let me share!
- Toor Daal was then about Rs. 30-35/kg. In May 2010, the price was nearly Rs. 100/kg
- We used to eat Surti Kolam rice. The price then was about Rs. 22/kg. Today it costs any where between Rs. 40 to 48/kg.
- Good Quality aata used to cost us Rs. 80/kg in 2007. Today the price is more than twice.
- A loaf of bread used to cost us Rs. 12 then. Now it costs Rs. 20.
- I dont remember the price of vegetables. But even their prices has doubled if not tripled.
- Petrol used to cost about Rs. 44 in 2007. Today the cost has gone up to 57.
… and I’m not counting the price rise in sectors such as real estate, automobile, commodities etc. It gives me a feeling that I was better off in 2007 than I’m now despite earning much lesser three years ago. At least I had hope. WTF!
PS: Sharad Pawar is the WORST MINISTER for agriculture India has ever had!