I was watching a talk show on a leading news channel few days back. They were discussing the hottest controversial topic and the subsequent back lash… ‘Whether Paki players be allowed to play in the IPL.’ The participants were a spokesperson for Shiv Sena, Niranjan Shah from BCCI and one Pro-Cricket person. I’m diplomatically naming the person as I dont know his name. Basically he was a person supporting the cricketing ties with Pakistan. Anyway, without beating around the bushes much, I’ll come to the point straight away.
Shiv Sena is basically opposing the cricketing ties with Pakistan. You all know why. So they have been targeting every one who is pro-cricket by labling them as pro-Pakistan. So here are the questions they could not answer and will never be able to answer ever-
- Why are you mixing Cricket and politics? (Sena’s Answer: We can not tolerate the Pakistani players coming to our motherland, playing with our players and earning huge money while their brothers (countrymen) are indulging in the terrorism.)
- Let us not mix politics and sports. What have the cricketers got to do with the terrorism? (Sena’s Answer: They are all the same. First their government should stop spreading terrorism and then talk about sports. Why should we pay lacs of rupees to them and fund their terrorist activities?)
- There is a concert for peace going on in India (named Aman ki Asha) many artiste from across the border have performed and many more will be doing so in the near future. We have Pakistani artiste who found permanent livelihood here in Mumbai and Bollywood (Adnan Sami, Atif Aslam, The fateh Ali Khans are the latest ones). Have you thought of fighting them and preventing them from performing in India as well? (Sena’s Answer: We are not against any artiste, sportsmen or a person in particular. But after what they have done against us, I think it is our moral duty to prevent them from entering the Indian territory. This is a cause for national interest and concern. And every Indian who is even little bit patriotic will surely second our view. Pakistani players should not be allowed. Thats it!)
- Banning Pakistani cricketers from IPL is a cause of national concern and interest for you? How surprising is that? Dont you think you should leave the politics and the real national concerns such as terrorism and security to the current government? (Sena’s Answer: Yes this is a cause for national interest and concern. And every Indian who is even little bit patriotic will surely second our view. Pakistani players should not be allowed. You all will agree and we will fight till our last breath to stop the cricketers from playing in India)
- Why do you think you can decide and make policies on behalf of the Indian people? Let the government do its job. And if you are so concerned about the problem of terrorism and the threat from the neighbouring nation, why dont you send your people to the borders and help the military cope with the real problem? It will at least be better than burning effigies, digging pitches and banning cricketers. (Sena’s answer: As I said, this is a cause of national concern for us. Whether you agree or not. We will not allow the Pakistani cricketers to enter our motherland. As for allowing the government to make policies, the current government is useless and scared of the Pakistanis. We will show them the real thing when we come to the power.)
Let me write a disclaimer here. The above questions answers are not the exact ones. The language and the content may be different. But the essence and the meaning was the same. Rest, you all are free to make assumptions, write scathing remarks and throw eggs at me. Bring them on! 🙂